Friday 20 March 2009

Support for Landlords and Investors

We all need to feel supported from time to time. We are all humans, and therefore there are times when we all of us need to feel supported. We need to feel we are not on our own. We need to feel that others are having a similar experiences.

I think as a Profession, the Professional Landlord can be one of the loneliest. As a Letting Agent I speak to Landlords everyday. Whilst Landlords are my clients and I will spend time with everyone of them to ensure that they feel fully informed of the process of Buy to Let, Letting, the legalities, the "what ifs" and the "what next" I often feel, and this is backed up with may clients telling me, that not all agents do take the time to explain everything and this can lead to some Landlords entering uncharted waters for the first time and making costly mistakes.

And where can Landlords get advice or meet other Landlords in a non sales environment?. After all, there is no such thing as "Free, impartial advise". Someone always wants to sell you something....don't they? Well, no, not always, as I recently discovered.

Last weekend, I was truly inspired and blown away by a dynamic duo, Vanessa Warwick and Nick Tadd, the founders of 4wallsandaceiling. I visited their website and it seemed positive and inspirational. I joined the forum, "property tribes" and met Landlords, mortgage brokers, investors all sharing information freely and all assisting each other. So I decided that I would attend the Free (yes - really, FREE!!) networking event in Guildford. The forum came alive. Investors, Surveyors, Landlords, mortgage advisors came together to discuss being a Landlord and Property Investing. Words cannot describe the camaraderie between strangers that had one thing in common "Investing in Property". Ideas were shared, support was given experiences were exchanged, we chewed the cud on the market, we shared stories and we listened to speakers talk about property and the market from their own professional stance.

The 4wallsandaceiling events are really inspiring, and I would encourage all Landlords, Investors and people with a passion in property to visit the site and join a community.

I think its important for Landlords to know they are not on their own, whether investing in one property or a portfolio of 200 plus, the same issues affect us all, and its refreshing to see the community that 4wallsandaceiling have created.

I own SurreyLets and I pride myself on helping Landlords make the most of their property and ensuring their intrests are protected. Trusting your Letting Agent is critical as is having a relationship based on integrity and trust. When I met Vanessa and Nick I saw a shared vision (which is also my company slogan) Understanding People, Understanding Property.

No comments:

Post a Comment